It is now 2 weeks until I leave for WTAMU.
The most common question I get at this point is, "Are you all ready to go?"
Pssssh. Ready. What does that even mean? I've packed a few things, ordered most of my textbooks, and bought a couple notebooks. I really should start the tedious task of going through my closet and doing some real packing. I dread it.
But beyond the physical side of being ready is the mental readiness. Most days I feel confident and the words, "I can do this!" run through my mind. And of course the thought of moving and starting something new is exciting. But then, I have my days. My freakout days. Those days where I say, "What in the world am I doing? I can't handle this! This is going to be so much harder than I can even imagine. Why am I even trying?"
I don't want to be one of those people who tells you to "follow your heart" and "follow your dreams no matter what." Because if you are a Believer in Christ, your dreams (or hopes) are actually God's. So I think we have to be careful and check if we are following after our sinful hearts or after God's will.
That said, I see the above quote and realize that no matter what journey I chose, whether it was a different major or a completely different path, in order to make progress it would have to have been difficult and scary. God calls us to step out of our comfort zone. And it would be pointless if it was easy.
So, two weeks and I will be leaping into the next adventure in life.
Ready, set, go, because God has it under control.

Love it. Love you!
ReplyDeleteVery thoughtful my dear!!
ReplyDelete