Monday, September 16, 2013

When Life Consumes

I've been telling myself I need to post an update on life. And every time I sit down and try to write, my mind goes blank and my life seems dull.

The one thing I can think to tell you about is a life lesson I'm currently processing. I may be processing it the next four years, but hey, acknowledging it is good.

Last week, the 3rd week into school I was already letting things mess with my mind. A million little things began to consume me. Monday and Tuesday I was swallowed by how "busy" I was. As much as I seriously don't want to admit this, it almost became an attention thing. "Look at all I'm doing!" The funny thing about the things we do to draw attention to ourselves, is that it never brings any satisfaction. Maybe for a moment, but after that moment is over--poof--we're back to being miserable, needy, attention-grabbers.

I am happy to report that by Wednesday, I came to my senses. God placed certain things in my life to make me realize exactly how over dramatic I was feeling/being. He gave me the strength to realize I needed to move on from all the unnecessary distractions that had been created.

It's still a struggle. Those times when I'm tired, uncaffeinated (Yes, I know that is not a word), or just plain feeling insecure are when I feel the need to be consumed by my "busyness." But I know that God is by my side patiently reminding me of His grace, goodness, loving-kindness and mercy. Yes, music majors have busy schedules. No, BethAnn is not the first to be one of those busy music majors. God is bigger.





And a song to end this post:



Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I'd love to see what you think!