"If we let ourselves, we shall always be waiting for some distraction or other to end before we can really get down to our work. The only people who achieve much are those who want knowledge so badly that they seek it while the conditions are still unfavorable. Favorable conditions never come." -C.S. LewisToday was not the first time I read this quote. It's actually one of those quotes that makes me cringe and wish I hadn't read it. I wish I could ignore how true it is. And how much it needs to apply to my life.
I procrastinate and get myself in tight/anxious corners, because of it. You probably know those times I'm talking about. The day where your stomach is in a knot because you have a performance or something due the next day and you have procrastinated getting ready for so long that you're trying to cram everything in. Every happy thought is taken over by, "YOU FAILURE! YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THIS!" And you're trying to work so hard that it's hard to work.
You get it. You've probably been there.
At this point, I could have you sitting here and reading about how you should do your your assignments (or whatever you should be doing) as soon as you can and not procrastinate. Blah, blah, blah. We've all heard it, and it will not benefit for you to see it written here. Plus, it would make me a hypocrite.
There's more to it, though, than just procrastinating on things like assignments. I can think of several things during the last semester that I procrastinated on that I really wish I hadn't. But more than anything, I regret procrastinating on reading my Bible. The above quote really summarizes how I excused not having time in the Word each day. It seemed like I never had enough time. Surely there would come a day where I was less busy, tired and such. Then I would focus on the Word.
Or more likely, hang out with friends.
I know that God is not judging me for not spending time in the Word every single day. It's about quality, not quantity. But my quantity lacks greatly. Even now, on the break from school, I find myself "too busy."
Do I have this all sorted out and fixed? Absolutely not.
Just remember, "favorable conditions never come."
I hope that whatever this quote applies to in your life, you will take into consideration. How would you like to change your situation? When will you change it? Why are you changing it?
Go. For. It.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment, I'd love to see what you think!